Friday, November 7, 2008

The Young & Hopeless

I dont really know where to start, since there is so much moving around in my head. I guess ill start with what happened today and I'm sure that in time, everything will reveal itself.

On the school-front, it was a decent day. I had to get up early which always sucks, and it sucked even more since I didn't have to be to school until 9 but because I'm car-less i had to get up and go to school at my normal time. ugh! anyways, we went on a field trip to see a local high school perform Macbeth and then we went to lunch at La Senoritas. It was mostly really fun.

The real drama started on the ride back to the school (no pun intended :) ). We were going to be getting to the school earlier than expected and didn't have to do anything once we got there, so i called my dad to see if he would pick me up. I had to pack for house-sitting this weekend so i figured i could use the extra 15 minutes so i wouldn't feel so rushed and forget something. Well my dad told me that i had to do the dishes and i told him that i would do them after i packed, since my mom was adamant that i had to be ready by 3:30. He hung up on me but was at the school to pick me up.
When i got in the car, i made a comment about him hanging up on me and my dad flipped out. I mean, he was really pissed. He started going off on this whole thing about how he "[i ]dont tell him "No" and that i will do what he says. I told him that i would do the dishes after packing since that was my priority and he again went off on how i dont tell him what im doing. he does and so on. There was alot of screaming back and forth and this was only in the 4 minute car ride back to the house. Anyways, he kept going on about how i was doing the dishes first and i told him that i wasnt so when we pulled up to the house, he marched into the house and locked the door.
I just told him to kiss my ass and i left. I didnt have my phone since he had already taken it away this past weekend when we had been fighting. So i walked over to Brad and Heathers apartment and of course they werent home so i checked the mail and then went to the library to call my mom. She was at work and didnt pick up so i left and walked around for about 15 minutes and then i finally went home. I knocked and he let me in. Apparently kari was home and he had unlocked it for her and then relocked it so i couldnt come in. Well he yelled at me some more about doing the dishes, and then stomped upstairs, so i proceeded to pack. Almost immediately, he came back down and we started fighting some more.
He got REALLY pissed. told me i was lucky i was a girl because he would "lay [me] out." He had his fist all balled up and everything, which honestly is pretty normal when we're fighting, though hes never actually punched me, but we have gotten kinda physical before. anyways, this time i wasnt sure if he was going to control himself. i told him to let me the fuck go a few times and he finally stomped out and upstairs.
Mom got home soon after. She went upstairs and then i heard some argumentive tones though i didnt really listen to what they were saying. i paid kari $5 to do the dishes and my mom and i left.
She was just as pissed as i was. i mean, come on- hes a 44 year old man and hes locking his 17 year old daughter out of the house. and shes almost as fed up with the way hes been treating me as i am. She says i need to respect him more and i tell her i try but when he nit picks at me and yells at me for no reason i snap. i told my mom last night after my dad and i were arguing (hopefully you've seen the trend- my dad and i have been fighting ALOT!!) that i love my dad but i cant live with him any longer. she told me somthing along the lines of... he doesnt really care if i stay or go at this point. which kind of surprised me since usually he throws it in my face that i cant move out because i dont have the means and that im lucky to have a house over my head, blah, blah, blah. he usually says that right after he tells me if i dont like things his way then i should move, where i reply that i would if i could. -i know, wonderful communication skills we have. :)
anyways, i told my mom today on the way to my house-sitting job that i was thinking about looking for an alternate place to live. her reaction kind of surprised me as well. i was expecting a "whatever kelly" as in -quit being dramatic. what i got was more of an "i understand" not those words exactly but...
i told her that i think its gotten to the point where hes trying to drive me out and she actually agreed.
the other problem is that i really dont know if i would have an alternative place to live. most of my friends would be of little assistance and because of the car issue i couldnt be with family since i would have no way to school. i have one idea but its kind of a long shot. but we'll see.

*sigh* so yea, that was my day. now im here all alone in this house with only my thoughts to keep me company. that seems to be the norm recently but ill save that for a later blog.

okay, so im out for now-this was not supposed to be this long. sorry :)
XOXO
Kelly

the young & hopeless -good charlotte

1 comment:

MassiveO said...

great start i really liked it... well except for all the fighting. but I hope that you are alright and I know i will not be with my family up there in a week but I promise I will try my best to get up there As Soon As Humanly Possible, I might bring my sister but I might just come up by myself I havent decided.