Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Scream

okay jt, what did i think about this song?
my first thought was omg, this is what i think and feel. this song kinda describes my life. i want to scream the song at the top of my lungs for the whole world to hear. (-not something anyone particularly wants to hear :) )
then i decided to listen to it again.
then i got kinda emotional. jt it completely sucks that the one person who understands me the best, someone who understands enough that they would send me that song, has to live over 1000 miles away.
i know, kinda mushy.
i read your blogs and i see the parallels of our lives and especially how similiary we interpret things.
okay, so then ive listened to it again (and again) lol

ive been saying for months that im done with high school. i cant stand all the high school drama, the ridiculous rules the schools set, the classes im forced to attend despite the fact that i learn nothing. these are all still true and valid. but after hearing that song some things clicked that have been bugging me. for one, no matter where i go i will find the same high school drama and that sometimes i really enjoy hearing it, if only to distract me from my own dismal life.
what really clicked is that i dont like high school because i dont fit in. im friends with everyone and nobody.

the reason ive been clinging to the idea of a college other than the community college, (which i already have 2 years free tuition) is that college is my second chance to leave all this behind and start over and be what i know i am. i am comfortable in my own skin-when im alone. i havent found anyone who im comfortable to be me around. i put on a smile and make it through everyday.

"I wake up in the morning
Put on my face
The one that's gonna get me
Through another day
Doesn't really matter
How I feel inside
'Cause life is like a game sometimes"

Avril Lavigne "Naked"

thats the best way to describe how i feel getting up and going to school everyday.
but back to shinedown. that song expresses what im ready for. to move on. to have a second chance at being the person i want to be, to living the life i want to live and surrounding myself with the people who i not only love -since my love for the people around me is endless. its not that i dont love my friends- but trust.

so im not sure this is what you were expecting. maybe a bit mellowdramatic. lol sorry. so thats my reaction to that song. i have added it to my ipod which is exclusive, considering my ipod is only 2g. lol

Scream - Zac Efron: High School Musical 3

(lol srry. gotta say i love the movie and this song is decent too :) )

1 comment:

MassiveO said...

Seriously it sucks because this whole blog is EXACTLY!!!!! how I feel and you got EXACTLY what I got out of the song, it is amazing how alike we and our lives are I would go as far to say scarily alike, atleast for now we have our blogs and the internet. But I am for sure coming up in the spring I dont care what happens in my life, i WILL make the time to go up there, and I think it will be just me because i dont wanna taint my experience by somebody else coming with me.

Also at the end of my blog I will list some songs you might like. And dont worry because almost everything I listen has substance and great lyrical value (I am all about meaning and lyrics)